Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Essay-mania!!


Ideas and Content
The ideas and content in my writing is good. My writing always makes sense and have a clear and focused topic. In both of my essays, I showed that I know the topic well. I can improve on including interesting and relevant details and explaining how my quotations relate to the main idea of the paragraph. I can also improve on developing content more thoroughly and include more examples to explain my quotes and writing.

Organization
The organization in both of were good but there's still a lot of room for improvement. In my Alchemist Essay, I had a good hook and thesis statement. Good summarizing and transitioning sentences were always present. Clear topic sentences and a strong conclusion were also present. I had more time to plan and revise them so they turned out better. In my Julius Caesar essay, however, organization was not as good. I had a good hook and topic sentences, but a clear thesis statement was missing. Topic sentences could have definitely be better and the same goes for transitioning and summarizing sentences. Context prior to a quote was an improvement to my Alchemist essay because I spent more time planning it.

Personal Growth
I have improved a lot in my writing skills. I achieved a similar grade in both of the essays. This is an improvement because we were given a lot more time to work with the Alchemist essay. We had the help of the teachers to revise drafts of the essay and ideas. The Julius Caesar essay, however, was done in a short period of time, and without the help of the teachers. We didn't have enough time to revise or check the essay when we finished. Achieving a similar grade in both of the essay shows that I have grown as a writer.

SLR Reflection
Reason critically was a very important part of crafting my essays. In both essays, including information and examples from different sources was very important. I reasoned critically by applying information from different sources and by developing my ideas ad content. I revised and wrote drafts for the Alchemist essay over and over again. I think that reasoning critically is extremely important in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment