Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Destruction to Heaven. Miracle or lie?




Thinking Creatively
I included some creative elements in my collage to attract the attention of the viewer. An example of a creative element on my collage is the river in between. I drew a river in between to represent the differences in Sudan and America, that they are very far apart. Another creative element is my drawing of a scene of the Gilo River crossing. I outlined it in white to make it stand out among the chaos of the images. It represents all the danger and destruction they faced on their journey and I think that it is a important part of their journey and my collage. I also included quotes that cover over the images of America. I put this to show that even though there are good things in America, the racism and cultural shock they face overshadow that.

Reason Critically
I chose to put some striking images in my collage, like the ones of boys with war and the children dying. The images of the boys who were forced to participate in the war show that the war affects everybody in Sudan, even the children and babies. The children dying and suffering show how bad the situation is in Sudan.

Communicate Effectively
I made my collage informative so that it creates awareness of the situation in Sudan. I hope my collage can make the viewer feel empathy for the Lost Boys and act to help them. The many images of war can make the viewer aware of the amount of wars raging on in Sudan. The helicopter from United Nations represent the awareness of the world of this problem. I want the viewer to see the dreadful images and feel sorry for them.

Live Ethically
The purpose of my collage was to create empathy in the viewer. I want my images and quotes to make the viewers feel sad about all that the Lost Boys have been through. I included images of destruction and images of disappointment that they aren't receiving help. I hope this can make the viewer realize that the people going through this crisis need help to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment